Calling all Liberty Academy members and guests!
The North Valley Home Schoolers and Hybrid Schoolers “MeetUp” group is organizing a field trip for an event at the Reagan Library in Simi Valley.
We are hoping to meet the 25 person minimum requirement to avail of the group rate for this event which is $15.00 / person
The event is on a Friday December 2, 2016 at 10:00 am
We would love to see you there!
Below is a quoted description from the Reagan Library Web Site
“The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum is excited to announce its latest exhibition, Interactive! The Exhibition – How Pop Culture Reshapes Technology.
Interactive! is a large-scale, hands-on examination of how popular culture in movies, books, TV, and the arts has influenced modern technology and changed the ways we live, work, move, connect and play. In addition to a wide variety of “hands-on” experiences, including Oculus Rift virtual reality, interactive robots, the driverless car, multiple gaming stations, remote control drones, 3D printing stations and more, Reagan Library visitors will also get up close to some of science fiction’s most iconic characters, including a roving, interactive R2D2 from Star Wars, a T-800 endoskeleton from The Terminator, and a full-size Alien from the Alien films. The exhibit also showcases the creative inspiration behind legendary innovators such a Jules Verne, H.G. Wells, and Walt Disney.
- Over a dozen immersive games await, including Virtual Reality Gaming by Oculis Rift, robotic arm interactives, 80’s gaming stations and more.
- Create and compose your own musical masterpiece.
- Seek out resources on Mars with a remote-control version of the rover from the hit film The Martian.
- Get up close with the first ever 3D printed car, by Local Motors.
- Examine communications from the landline rotary telephone and VCR to smartphones.
- Check out jetpacks, Marty McFly’s hoverboard and even meet Baxter the robot!
- And much more!
This exhibit is great for museum guests of all ages – from the young, to the young at heart!”